The UR Pride Centre operates a small resource library. Members in good standing are permitted to sign materials out with staff or volunteers.
The Library Volunteer(s) will assist with the promotion, development, and administration of library services at the UR Pride Centre.
The Library Volunteer(s) will:
- monitor the list of materials signed out, and follow up with overdue borrowers
- re-shelve returned books
- review and suggest new items for acquisition
- assist in the review and revision of library services at the UR Pride Centre
- assist in the development of library programming if desired
Successful candidates will:
- commit to at least one hour of volunteer duties every other week
- be reliable
- have good written and oral communication skills
- be able to physically return books to shelves of varying heights
Location of work:
The library, and all duties related to its upkeep, is located in the UR Pride lounge at 225 Riddell Centre. Hours of duties can be flexible.
How to apply:
Drop us a quick email outlining your interest in the position with the heading “Library Volunteer”, and we will be in touch about arranging a meeting to discuss more!