The Program Director – Education & fYrefly in Schools Regina will be responsible for the ongoing development and successful delivery of both the Positive Space Network (PSN) Program and the fYrefly in Schools Regina program.
The PSN Program is UR Pride’s education and training program that provides 2SLGBTQIAP+ training to community organizations and businesses. fYrefly in Schools Regina is a program that brings a 2SLGBTQIAP+ educator into Southern Saskatchewan schools to provides inclusion and diversity training.
The Program Director – Education & fYrefly in Schools Regina reports to the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in education or other significant education experience;
- Extensive knowledge of Queer Theory, trans theory, feminist theory and anti-oppressive theory;
- Extensive knowledge of 2SLGBTQIAP+ issues in education, health care and communities;
- Knowledge of anti-colonialist, anti-capitalist, anti-oppressive and feminist justice, organizing and movements;
- Experience facilitating or training groups of people, including children;
- Experience working with youth;
- Volunteer management skills;
- Organizational skills;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills (English);
- Able to work with a team and alone;
- Conflict mediation skills;
- Knowledge of Google Products and Microsoft Office Suite, including Powerpoint.
We recognize the unique ways in which people with marginalized identities experience barriers to employment, and we invite you to disclose any lived experiences with: transphobia or cissexism, homophobia or heterosexism, biphobia or monosexism, racism, ableism, fatphobia or sizeism, colonialism, classism, whorephobia, Islamophobia or other forms of institutional violence.
Positive Space Network Program
- Facilitate and teach the existing Positive Space Network Program five-hour course.
- Develop workshops, presentations and lectures for community organizations, companies and groups as requested.
- Oversee other Positive Space Network Facilitators and ensure quality and effective facilitation.
fYrefly in Schools Program
- Plan, organize, and deliver the fYrefly in Schools program to students, teachers, and administrators in Southern Saskatchewan schools.
- Ensure the program is pedagogically sound, age-appropriate, and professionally delivered.
- Liaise with schools to make bookings and deliver presentations.
- Record and report program expenses to the Executive Director.
- Ensure and plan for effective program evaluation, tracking, and reporting on a monthly basis as needed by funders.
- Address communications in a timely manner.
- Oversee that resources and files are kept in an organized fashion.
- Maintain positive working relationships with campus, education and community groups with similar mandates.
- Work within an anti-oppressive, anti-racist, anti-colonialist and feminist framework.
Hours of Work:
This is a part-time, salaried, term position from July 1st 2019 – August 31st 2020, with possibility of extension.
The successful candidate will work 25 hours per week. UR Pride will be flexible for those candidates who wish to pursue part-time substitute teaching or other teaching opportunities during their employment.
Please submit a resume, and cover letter including mention of your experience working with 2SLGBTQIAP+ communities to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also invite applicants to submit a list of relevant facilitation, presentations or courses if they feel that these are not captured in a traditional resume.
Position closes June 7th 2019 at 5:00pm.