Our amazing Kobie will be moving on to bigger and better things, so we’re looking for somebody to fill her shoes. If you’re interested or know somebody who might be, check out the job posting here:
Position: Program Coordinator
Competition Opens: October 5, 2017
Competition Closes: October 27, 2017 at 5:00pm
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the research, development, and implementation of the programs of the UR Pride Centre. UR Pride’s programming is dynamic, multi-faceted, and ever changing. With new volunteers joining every year, UR Pride’s pool of skills is always rotating. This is important to note because the Centre’s programming tends to be volunteer driven in a way. It is up to the Program Coordinator to recognize this, and adapt UR Pride’s activities accordingly.
Annually, the Executive Director will establish a general outline for programming, and suggest a few key programming areas to focus on. Additional programming will be developed in collaboration with the Executive Director, and active volunteers.
The Program Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
- Bachelors Degree and/or significant related experience in the field of sexuality and gender diversity and equality and human services;
- Knowledge of the current issues relating to Gender and Sexually Diverse individuals and communities;
- Volunteer management skills;
- Organizational skills;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills (English);
- Able to work with a team and alone;
- Able to work flexible hours;
- Conflict mediation skills;
- Has worked with media; and
- Knowledge of Google Products and Microsoft Office Suite.
We especially encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, and value opportunities for people identifying within a Gender and Sexually Diverse realm.
- Work with the Executive Director to design and develop programming that serves the needs of a diverse membership.
- Take direction from the Board of Directors’ outlined programming priorities.
- Establish the current needs and wants of the UR Pride Membership and greater community with respect to GSD Health and Wellness programming.
- Review and revise existing programming annually.
- Ensure all programming is adequately staffed.
- Collect appropriate data from program participants to monitor program efficacy.
- Coordinate the acquisition and distribution of materials needed for program delivery.
- Ensure the bookings of workshop presenters, speakers, event venues, and equipment are done in a timely manner.
- Record and report program expenses to the Executive Director.
- Ensure that programming expenses do not exceed budgetary allotments.
- Work with the Executive Director to ensure programs are funded as adequately as possible, within the means that the UR Pride Centre has access to.
- Participate in the recruitment, appointment, orientation, and management of all programming staff and volunteers.
- Address communications and walk-in requests in a timely manner.
- Oversee that resources and files are kept in an organized fashion.
- Maintain positive working relationships with campus and community groups with similar mandates.
- To provide leadership to the volunteers in maintaining a positive work environment.
- To promote a positive relationship with Membership, the Board, URSU, Student Affairs and the students, faculty, and staff.
- To monitor the Centre and ensure that regular repair, maintenance and cleaning is undertaken.
- Work within an anti-oppressive, anti-racist, anti-colonialist and feminist framework.
Hours of Work & Salary:
This position is a part-time, salaried position, at the equivalent of 30 hours/week. Set hours of work may vary depending on weekly activities, however the Program Coordinator is expected to keep the office and lounge open from Monday to Thursday 10am – 4pm and Friday 11am – 2pm.
These hours will be flexible for a University of Regina student who needs to adjust hours to fit with a class schedule.
The salary will be negotiated with relevant experience and education, within a starting range of $25,000 – 30,000 (CDN).
Performance evaluations are carried out by the Executive Director, and will occur at three (3) and 12 month intervals.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by October 27th 2017 at 5:00pm (CST). Hard copies will not be accepted.